Access to affordable tranportation to/from work is one of the biggest barriers many of OEI’s participants face.
The Cars for Work program aims to help low income families without transportation obtain reliable transportation to get to/from work.
Cars for Work Benefits to Recipients
- Understanding how to budget.
- A car orientation class reviewing the basic maintenance procedures of car ownership.
- Helps recipients to establish credit.
- AAA membership card for one year.
- A team of dedicated professionals ready to help in any way we can.
- The beginning to self-sufficiency
- Assistance with a down payment on an affordable car (if credit allows)
- Placement in a donated car, if available
Recipients must meet eligibility requirements and be referred to our program by a DSS VIEW Worker at a participating Department of Social Services or OEI Self-Sufficiency employee. Participating Virginia counties are Carroll, Grayson, Smyth, Washington, and Lee or Russell County Self-Sufficiency Coach.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Must be working at least 25 hours per week and have enough income to cover any car payment and insurance costs
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable
- Income at 200% of federal poverty level or below
- Must have a child 18 or under
|How to Help! |
We can’t do this alone. We gladly accept donations for our Cars to Work Program. We not only accept car donations but even a small donation will help provide car inspections, registration, and car repairs for the cars we receive. If you would like to give back to the community please mail the donation to the address on the back. You can also easily donate by QR code or the PayPal link that is below. https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=XJ6CA7AQNNASS